Close

Question

Posted: one year ago Quote #52
hi my brother aged 41 recenty diagonised 3 months ago are just completing 1 month on the protocol on feb28, we are slowly going up on the AAKG and AKG
we are taking everything on the protocol (yet to start the IV)
**currently at 10 g of AAKG and 3 to 4 pills of AKG'( will bring it up to max level slowly over a month)
** weak right hand massage with coconut oil.
he is having trouble writing and picking up food , [b]anything additional we can do to help this situation?
** his energy levels are much better now, and he does not need to sleep after his physiotherapy in the morning,
before the protocol he used to feel tired and go to sleep.
Posted: one year ago Quote #53
Hi,
We suggest you continue to increase the AAKG dose to 18g with doctor approval. The most benefit seems to be at 18g. Don't forget AKG. As for the hand perhaps try coconut oil massages on the hand two times a day and exercise the hand. It is important to use the hand to keep it's coordination.
Posted: one year ago Quote #63
I am having difficulty locating some of the supplements in the correct dosage .My question is the protocol list says to take GABA 250 2xday. Is it possible to take GABA 500 1xday? I am having the same problem with some of the other supplements.What's more important , i get the daily amount of suggested mg or the correct dosage each time i take a pill? Please advise. Thanks for your help.
Posted: one year ago Quote #64
roningoju- Doses vary from company to company so we suggest you get as close to the suggested dose on the protocol as possible and go over slightly over the suggested dose rather than under. However, we suggest exactly 18g of AAKG. Regarding GABA, in short, you can take one 500mg dose, but we don't know how long it stays in your system. Keep in mind that GABA helps balance the excitatory response so if you take 500mg in the morning and by the afternoon you feel jittery or more spastic you may need to take another 500mg to balance out those symptoms. Always clear supplement usage with your doctor.
Posted: one year ago Quote #224
hi a lot of people have been saying  a lot of positive feedback about agmatine?
need your comments if its worth adding it to the protocol and if so in what dosage?
http://www.als.net/forum/yaf_postst52357p2_Agmatine-for-ALS.aspx
Posted: one year ago Quote #239
hi a lot of people have been saying  a lot of positive feedback about agmatine?
need your comments if its worth adding it to the protocol and if so in what dosage?
http://www.als.net/forum/yaf_postst52357p2_Agmatine-for-ALS.aspx

kindly advice your views on agmatine or agmaset

thanks
Posted: one year ago Quote #251
This is a good question and there is no information available to give us a good answer. NO is a free radical it has neuro protective elements and increases the vascular supply. However it is also a free radical of which there are too many present in ALS. This is the reason why we advise glutathione. The question is how many free radicals is a bad thing and whether the benefit of NO outweighs the negatives. I like the fact that agmatine blocks the adrenergic receptor hence blocking the fight or flight response. This may stop the rigidity that sometimes occurs. The fact that agmatine blocks NOS is a wash at present.

The bottom line, this is something we will have to test on the ALS mice to get a good answer.
Dr.T.